Fellowships & Grants
Avantha International Fellowship
Aspen Institute India announces "Avantha International Fellows" - two exciting fellowship opportunities during summer 2011 for international students.
Who are we looking for?
Aspen Institute India is looking for two motivated, university students in the field of International Relations/ International Development Studies/ South Asian Studies, who want to gain broad knowledge of the world of philanthropy, social reform and development in India. Students pursuing a Masters program are preferred, though competitive applications from seniors in a Bachelors program may also be considered.
What is the opportunity?
As "Avantha International Fellows" the two selected candidates will learn about the social, political and economic issues facing the world's largest democracy. In addition to international exposure and leadership experience, the Fellows will gain firsthand experience in tackling these issues, and learn from the best practices and expert minds in the field. They will have the opportunity to support leadership programs, outreach seminars as well as strategic policy dialogues in India.
- Duration: 2 - 3 months in the timeframe of 15 June - 20 August 2011. Dates are flexible based on international university schedule.
- Location: Gurgaon 122001, Haryana, (New Delhi Metropolitan area), India.
- Expenses: Economy class return airfare and modest lodging will be provided. A stipend will be paid during the Fellowship. Fellows are responsible for arranging their own boarding and local transport.
- Recognition: A certificate of an International Fellowship will be granted.
The competitive selection process is based on the candidates' previous academic performance, communication and writing skills, ability to grasp complex concepts, generate creative ideas and their passion to pursue development objectives for India. In order to apply or for any questions, please email email@example.com, latest by 15 March 2011 with the following:
- Application: download at www.aspenindia.org
- Resume: Most updated, no longer than 2 pages
- Essay: What is the greatest challenge facing Indian Society today and what do you propose as a solution?
Aspen Institute India (Aii) promotes values-based leadership, open dialogue and cross-sector outreach by engaging the civil society, government, private sector, and other key stakeholders on issues related to India's development. It invites industrial, economic, financial, political, social and cultural leaders to discuss these issues in settings that encourage frank and open dialogue. For more details, please see: www.aspenindia.org