Amitai Etzioni - Position Papers
For a complete list of Position Papers published by The Communitarian Network, please visit the Network's Publications Catalogue
14. "The Community of Communities," The Communitarian Network, Washington, DC (1995).
13. "The Intergenerational Covenant: Rights and Responsiblilities," with Laura Brodbeck. A Communitarian Working Paper. The Communitarian Network, Washington, D.C. (March, 1995).
12. "A Compassionate Approach: Community Jobs and Prevention," with Alyssa Qualls. The Communitarian Network, Washington, DC. (1995).
11. "Character Building for a Democratic, Civil Society," with Marvin W. Berkowitz and W. Bradford Wilcox. The Communitarian Network, Washington, DC. (1994).
10. "Core Values in Health-Care Reform: A Communitarian Approach," with Christine Cassel, Charles Dougherty, C. McCollister Evarts, John Griffith, James L. Nelson, Marian Osterweis, and Daniel Wikler. The Communitarian Network, Washington, DC. (1993). Also published: Health Care Management: State of the Art Reviews, Vol. 1, No. 1, (Philadelphia: Hanley & Belfus, Inc. August 1994), pp. 115-123.
9. "Lo-Cost, Hi-Yield Mobilization Channel for Volunteers," with Steven Helland. The Communitarian Network, Washington, DC. (1993).
8. "The Case for Domestic Disarmament," with Steven Helland. The Communitarian Network, Washington, DC. (June 1992).
7. "A Communitarian Position Paper on the Family," with Jean Elshtain, Enola Aird, William Galston, Mary Ann Glendon, Martha Minow, and Alice Rossi. The Communitarian Network. Washington, DC, (1992).
6. "Self-Discipline, Schools and the Business Community," National Chamber Foundation. Washington, DC, (1984).
5. "Reindustrialization and Vocational Education," The National Center for Research in Vocational Education Occasional Paper No. 76. Ohio State University (September, 1981).
4. "Profit in Not-For-Profit Institutions," with Pamela Doty (New York: Center for Policy Research, January 1976), p. 33.
3. "Public Management of Health and Home Care for the Aged and Disabled. Alternatives to Nursing Homes," with Alfred Kahn and Sheila Kamerman (New York: Center for Policy Research, 1975), p. 12. Reprinted in Proceedings of the First North American Symposium on Long Term Care Administration (July 27-31, 1975) (Washington, D.C.: American College of Nursing Home Administrators, 1975), pp. 117-122; and as "Older Americans and Health Care," Congressional Record (April 21, 1975), pp. H3016-H3018.
2. "Offense Against the Constitution," with Peter D.W. Heberling (New York: Center for Policy Research, 1975), p. 20.
1. "Gun Control: Domestic Arms Reduction, Criminality and Political Constraints. A Policy Memorandum," (New York: Center for Policy Research, 1968), p. 7.