Upcoming Sigur Center Events:
- 10/25/16: "Taiwan’s China Dilemma: Contested Identities and Multiple Interests in Taiwan’s Cross-Strait Economic Policy," with Prof. Syaru Shirley Lin
- 10/26/16: "India and the Asian Balance of Power: Countering China," with Prof. Rajesh Rajagopalan
- 10/27/16: "Neural Buddhism” and “Mindfulness Revolution?" - Buddhist Thought, Secular Ground and Global Ethics," with Dr. Thupten Jinpa
- 11/04/16: Road to the Pacific War in Recent Historiography
- 11/05/16: The 24th Hahn Moo-Sook Colloquium in the Korean Humanities: Christianity and Trans-Pacific Connections
- 11/08/16: Work is Worship: Religion, Craft, and Infrastructure in Contemporary India
- 11/09/16: Happy Diwali
Conversation Club & Tea Time:
These are informal events designed to allow a time and place for students to practice their language skills, share study tips, learn about the Language Exit Exams, and get to know other language students. Tea and cookies will be provided!
Tea Times are from 4pm - 5pm. All tea times are held in the Sigur Center's Chung-wen Shih conference room, Suite 503.
Chinese - Fridays: 10/21, 11/04, 11/11, 11/18, 12/02, 12/09, 12/16
Japanese - Thursdays: 10/20, 10/27, 11/03, 11/10, 11/17, 12/01, 12/08, 12/15
This schedule is based on previous interest in the various languages offered. The schedule may change later in the semester based on input from participants, so please let us know!